Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Mexico Mission Trip

They line up early and the lines are long. Tomorrow morning I am leaving with a group from church on our annual Labor Day mission trip to Mexico City. This will be my 6th year going. We work with a Mexican ministry called Armonia. They have 3 community centers that work with the poor trying to provide their physical as well as spiritual needs. It's always a great trip. I come along to provide translation (don't laugh) , music and sometimes even construction (stop snikering). Please pray for the team. We'll be back Sept. 6. Blogging will be light unless I can find a wireless connection.



2 comments:

Ron said...

I’m so glad that you have the heart for missionary work. I’m sure that you’ll be a blessing to your group and to the Mexican people that you minister to. Have a great trip.

You may not want to sing Larry Norman’s, “U.F.O.” as they probably wouldn’t understand the spiritual analogy. Heck, most Gringo’s don’t…

Thomas Rolon said...

God Bless You. I'm a big fan of this type of unselfish service. I can think of no greater way to show the love of God than freely giving of your time and talents. Be well and come home safely.