Thursday, October 29, 2009


Many of you knew Pastor Hernan Cortes, Jr. He was our families beloved pastor for decades.

He was promoted into the prescence of His Savior last Sunday (Oct 25).

He preached Papa Gume's, Mama Con's, and Titi Marta's funeral. He also sang at these. He is also the man God used to lead all three of these to the Lord.

He was the greatest pastor I ever me and a true man of God. He was one of my biggest inspiration and influence in ministry.

The Mayor of their town announced yesterday that they will rename the (major) street that the church and school are on from Avenida Comerio to Avenida Hernan Cortes, Jr.

Pray for the church and his family as they deal with this great loss.

3 comments:

Thomas Rolon said...

I was there when he married Carlos & Nilsa but what I remember most was his passion for the gospel.

The Tonz said...

Tom, you are so right. He personally led 100's to Christ and there are probably over 30 of us in ministry b/c of him. WOW! He'll need an 18 wheeler to haul those rewards in heaven. His funeral services were on a live feed on USTREAM and over 5200 viewed some portion of it.

Ron said...

I too have great memories of this man. I remember the summer I lived with Tio Manuel y Titi Emma that he would preach on Sunday mornings. He was a gifted teacher of the Word.

Although he’s in a better place, I’m saddened by the certain loss that the Perez Family is feeling.

Tony, I know this man meant a lot to you. I’m sorry for your personal loss. I’m sure you’ll see him again.

I’m sorry for Carlos & Nilsa’s loss too. I know he was a part of their family.

Thanks for sharing this news, Tony.
I’m sure he was proud of the Godly legacy that you have continued because of his influence.