Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Happy Birthday, Tony





Here in Pennsylvania he’s known by many names: Manuel Jr., Manuel Sr., The Tonz, Pastor Tony, Necó, El otro Beatle, etc. I have so many great memories of Tony. We both shared the basement room when he lived with us for a few years. We had some serious games of dominos that lasted until 2 in the morning; we shared wardrobes and debated the difference between, “matching and combining” clothes; we invented the world famous “zonk” handshake, we share stories, and developed a lifelong bond.



I don’t have too many earthly heroes, but if I were to think of one, it would be Tony. He’s such a great example of a husband, a father, a son, a sibling, a cousin, a teacher, a preacher, a scholar and above all, a Godly man who any Christian man can look up to as a role model. I love Tony and his beautiful family. I wish for him all of God’s blessings as he continues to do the work he was called by God to do.



Happy Birthday, Bro

2 comments:

Thomas Rolon said...

Amen and Amen.
Tony was the Best Man at my wedding for those reasons listed and many more. We're all better for having known him AND his family. God bless you, Pastor Neco.

U said...

I agree. You're a good man, Tony. Even if you're an Arminist ;-)
Happy Birthday from your Calvinist brother.