Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Phil Keaggy - Still Emerging


My family and I saw legendary guitarist Phil Keaggy in concert this past Sunday. His talent went far beyond what I could hope to write on this simple Blog. He had senior citizens on their feet applauding and teenagers asking for an encore. But beyond that we saw a master musician who humbly showcased what God-given talent is all about.
While we often wish to let our "light shine" at work, politics, education, home and at church, we often forget that God is the creator of creative creativity. And if we as Christians, don't let that artistic light shine, who can blame the world (and our children) for looking elsewhere for originality, design and genius.
Many of the early renaissance painters and writers (Bach, Mendelssohn, Handel) contributed to a culture in a healthy and lasting way while maintaining a Christian perspective on life. They did not allow mediocrity to reign supreme nor should we.

Like the man said, "Everything's Alright. Just turn on the Light".

2 comments:

Thomas Rolon said...

PS I didn't feel old when I saw how much he had aged, but I did when I saw my LP album was dated 1977. Yeap. THIRTY YEARS.

U said...

Thanks for the post and update. Sounds like it was a great concert. It's great to see he can still jam and we share the same hairline. Who knew?