Monday, October 08, 2007

Prequel to Ghosting Update

Sorry about that...I had posted this on our Strayer Blog and not the Cardona Blog but put the update on both. Here is the story of Ghosting event in our neighborhood.


Well my favorite time of year is here! I love October through December...there's always something in the works to plan, etc. It's the first of October and we were all ready to go "ghosting" in our neighborhood but we have to wait until tomorrow because of the rain. This is where me, Dave, Bob and Lisa (our neighbors) jump in the golf cart (the get away vehicle) with our goodie bags. We leave a goodie bag at someone's house, tape a ghost to thier door, ring the door bell and RUN.......... Well, I'm not too good at the running part so I like to drive the get away vehicle! The idea (and instructions to the recipient of the goodie bag) is for them to "ghost" two other neighbors. Of course the neighbors that get ghosted by us have it the best because I make sure that the house that we're ghosting has kids (good kids!) and that I have plenty of fun stuff in the goodie bags. Actually I have plastic pumpkins that I fill up. Anyway, it's the beginning of our Halloween season. Next we'll be working on costumes. It sounds like Jenn is going to be Jasmine (from Aladdin) so that will be our first costume. Addison is going to be Piglet (I can't wait to work on that one) and the jury is still out on Angela. We have some birthdays this month too: Me, Jenn and Jonas.

2 comments:

Ron said...

Thanks for the explanation, Maureen. Now it’s clear.

That sounds much too tame for Dave. I remember the good old days when- upon Dave’s arrival visit from Florida, he would sneak into one of the cousin’s homes and awake them at the wee hours of the morning with punches and pillow hits simply to announce his arrival.

To go from that to "ghosting"...my how times have changed!

Thomas Rolon said...

Insert "Wilhelm" scream.