Friday, December 07, 2007

FOR THE LOVE OF PRETZELS

Oh my God!!! A Philly Pretzel Factory store just opened up in Waterford Towers in Central Florida. I went there tonight and walked out with a hugh bag full of pretzels (14), a bag full of nuggets, a hotdog roll, and a hugh knot for $6.00. I'd like to say I got it for close to nothing because I'm cute, but that's not the case.

The store had just closed at 7:00 pm and I knew that I'd missed them by 3 minutes. I called the store and asked for their location so that I could return another day. When I told the guy that I had travel about 40 minutes to get there, he gave me directions and told me that he'd have some waiting for my arrival. They opened the door for me and I ordered 9 pretzels. They gave me everything they had left. I felt like a theif in the night. Talk about a steal. Papo just laughed when I walked out because he said that he knew that my "labia" would get me more than I needed. It's not my fault that I'm such a sweet talker.

I shared some with our three kids and that was, of course, after I stuffed my face. Ah, the memories. Now if I could only find that store that will be opening in Oviedo soon with the Philly Hoagies. That will be my next challenge.

3 comments:

Thomas Rolon said...

Good story, Miriam. Soft pretzels, Rita's Water Ice, Cheese Steaks, Hoagies, Tastykakes and so many others make us a fat & happy city.

Miriam said...

Let's not forget our other traditions. They also add on to the weight issues: pasteles, arroz con dulce, lechon asao, arroz con gandules, coquito, etc. Tis the other reason for the season!!!

U said...

Hey, hey, hey. Remember I live right down the street.Send some my way :-)