Tuesday, October 21, 2008

A Purpose Driven Life

I am currently reading three different books (four if you count the Bathroom Reader). One is about Agape Love (given to me by a student in my Sunday School Class), the other is Love & Respect (an excellent book on marriage) and this Purpose Driven book. My little sister Patty gave me this book in November of 2002. You’re supposed to do a chapter a day and go through it in 40 days. I’m on chapter twenty five. I’m not slow; I’m purposeful.
I am constantly amazed on how God chooses to speak to my deepest needs - daily. Today was no exception. If you have the book, read chapter 25. If you’ve already read it, read it again.
Here’s an excerpt from today’s chapter: If you look at the world, you’ll be distressed; If you look at yourself, you’ll be depressed; But if you look at the Christ, you’ll be at rest.
Take great comfort in knowing that God is not slow, He’s purposeful.





2 comments:

U said...

Good post. We went through the book in our Sunday school class a few years ago.

Ron said...

Thanks for these encouraging words, Bro.

God Bless your family.