Wednesday, July 29, 2009

I’m a Believer


I saw all those commercials offering a $1,500 rebate, “if you act now”, but I knew I wouldn’t qualify. I heard about the government’s Cash for Clunker program but I was skeptical. My parents told me about the Philco Ford’s Z-Plan discount if an employee (or their family member) buys a new car but I doubted. Well, not anymore. Today I drove home my very first brand new 2009 Ford Focus for almost 40% off the dealer price. After taking into account the gas savings and the maintenance & repair cost (I was driving a 1996 Dodge pick-up), the cost for me will be less than many people pay for a cell phone bill. In the words of Andre Crouch, “I didn’t think it could be, ‘til it happened to me”.
Bottom line – Thank God, from whom ALL blessings flow.

2 comments:

Miriam said...

Congratulations!!! There's nothing like the smell of a new car. May you enjoy it to the fullest.

U said...

Well done Tom. Looks pretty sporty. I've been using the Z Plan for my last 5 cars.