Friday, January 26, 2007

You Tawk Funny!

I never really buy it when people from other parts of the country tell me that I have a "Philly Accent". To me, a Philly accent brings to mind someone from South Philly ordering a "cheesesteak wit nuttin on it". But me? No, I picture myself as sort of a neutral accent - not good, bad nor indifferent. So I took this test I found on someone else's Blog. Even as I took this simple quiz thing, I thought my answers were all pretty middle of the road and normal. Yet, nonetheless, I have been outed as a Philadelphian.
Go figure . . . or should I say, "Shuddup! Watta you tawkin' about!"

http://www.gotoquiz.com/what_american_accent_do_you_have

5 comments:

Ron said...

I took this quiz and it guessed me from Philadelphia too. Pretty amazing, ya know.

I'm curious if the Florida boys took the quiz, would they come up as being from Philly or da south.

Granny & Gramps said...

Wow, I took this quiz and it confirmed I was from Wisconsin. That was amazing. Thanks for sharing that, here I've been thinking I was from Western New York all these years and Ulyses even said I sounded like I was from Wisconsin, he was right after all. Can't wait to tell my husband I was born in the cheese state.

Dave Cardona said...

I took the quiz.... it labled me as a philadelphian! Pretty amazing quiz.

Maureen said...

Well....I'm Philadelphian too! It's hard to believe because I know you guys talk different up there. But I guess our roots will always be there. I'll have to have Angela take the quiz since she's a true Floridian. We'll see how much influence parents have on one's accent.

U said...

Philly here too. Amazing.
Brenda: See I told you that you were from Wisconsin. You're not foolin' anybody...