Thursday, January 24, 2008

Another Family Addition (Surprise)

Most of you will be shocked to know that Jessica and I are also adding a new member to the Perez Family!!!!!!!

I know what some of you are thinking - "después de vieja" (b/c I know you know I still got it! -for the record). I digress, Anyway - NO NO. Let me explain.

I work part time for Kidspeace in their adoption division. I help prepare kids and adults for adoption. I helped Jarred for one a half years get adopted by his grandmother, which finalized last May 07. She died unexpectantly in June 07! When I found out, I called the County to see what would happen to little Jarred. To make a long story bearable, we were approved as foster parents with intent to adopt Jarred. Sooooooooooooo we now have the largest family among our cousins. Four children! The Lord worked the details out and our kids are excited and approved. Jarred moved in permanently last Friday, Jan 18. Here are some pics. His mother is blanquita and his father is Hispanic (not sure from where exactly). He is 5 years old and in kindergarden.






We'll keep you up to date. Pray with us.

7 comments:

Thomas Rolon said...

That's AWESOME!!
Welcome to the family Jarred.
I'm looking forward to meeting you.

Roxane said...

Thank God you're fostering a child and that Jessica isn't going to have to give birth to another child! :)

Ron said...

Oh don’t worry Tony, we are all well aware that you are still QUITE capable of procreating, if the need “arises”…..no pun intended.

Congratulations to you all. He’s a cute kid. He actually looks like a Perez. Really, he does.
I look forward to meeting him soon.
I’m proud of you and Jessica for taking this life changing responsibility. God bless you for it.

If it gets too unbearable with all those kids, I’ll take Christina off your hands. Just let me know.

Dave Cardona said...

Congrats Tony and Jessica!!! The influence of godly parents is invaluable!! Good Luck!

Miriam said...

I'm so very proud of you guys for taking on this child. The Lord will bless you even more (if that's possible) for the good deeds. I'm sure Jarred will make us all proud to have him as part of the clan.

Anonymous said...

Tony God will bless you for such
a beautiful act of love.Give him
our love and welcome to the family

Thomas Rolon said...

From Titi Patria:
Yo siempre vivo orgullosa de ti, pero ahoro con mas motivo. Por que yo se que tu eres especial (al egual a Jessica). Espero ver los pronto. Con todo mi amor y carino. Titi Patria. Que Dios los bendiga a todos.