Sunday, March 25, 2007

Happy Anniversary, Mom & Pop

It's been 51 years. Today is Mom and Pop's anniversary. So many things to say about Mom and Pop. The one thing that God truly blessed me with was my parents. Pop's constant life lessons and Mom's unconditional love.

I remember 1976, Pop was my little league coach. That year we went undefeated and won the championship. U and Dave were playing for the community league on seperate teams. Pop would be coaching my game and after we were done (winning), he would run between their games to show support. Mom would work at night at Philco and at her dinner break she would spend it at the fields watching us play. The days she was off, the entire days would be spent at the fields. UNBELIEVABLE !!!!

U recently saw a movie called "Butterfly Effect". Him and I talked about what if Mom and Pop never moved to Lansdale and stayed in Philly. I believe that they were lead by God and the rest is history. I was talking to E (son) and he said "Dad, what if Papa never came to the states and he stayed in PR". Things would have been different, the story goes that Pop was engaged to be married..... but then he saw mom and the rest is history.... GREAT HISTORY.

4 comments:

U said...

Good call Chick. The older I get the smaller I feel compared to Pop. The silent one. He didn't say much but the things he's taught me through his life are engraved in my soul. A quick story. When I was 9 or so I was going through one of my many insecure moments (of which there were many). I wrote on a piece of paper that no one loved me. Mom found it and came into my room and wrapped hers arms around me. It was then that I new no one would ever love me as much as this sweet woman. Happy 51, Mom and Pop

Thomas Rolon said...

Just before they moved to Florida, Jimmy, Ron, Patti and I took them out to dinner. We laughed, told stories and apologized because we waited too long to take them out & thank them for being so special to all of us. I miss them so much.

The Tonz said...

Tio Liche and Titi Elba are very special. They have always been sweet and loving to my kids. They know how to make kids feel important and unique. Tio Liche was always there for Mom (Emma). During the many years of Mama Con's illness, Tio Liche provided wonderful emotional support to his little sister Emmita. He would visit PR a couple times a year. I will always treasure this.
When they found out I was diagnosed with Hep C, they called right away (from FL) to assure me of their prayers. Thanks to those and others I have tested negative for over one year. I could go on... Felicidades!

Ron said...

I’m sure I speak for my siblings when I say that Tio Liche and Titi Elba are our “second” set of parents. They always had our safety, our spiritual life, and our best interest in mind. Titi Elba and I shared many, many close and connected times from the many years working together at the hospital. I always say that I owe my healthcare career to her. She was always making sure that her “prieto” was ok. Tio, of course was a great help and support to mom in raising us.

Tio y Titi, Te quiermos mucho. Happy Anniversary.