Monday, March 26, 2007

Have you seen my pet Gator??


Well this is Florida.....the home of the Gators. And I don't mean the ones that wear Orange and Green and clap their arms up and down on game day! We were at home the other day during the week of Jennifer's wedding and this guy in an airboat came by and knocked down the watergrass that was growing on the edges of the lake that our house sits on. Not only did he make a mess, but he created a haven for our new pets. We visit them now in the afternoon's when we get home from work and low and behold Grandpappy was there today. Boy is he big. I would have to say that this is the biggest one I've seen since we've moved here. I would guess he's got to be 12 to 13 feet long. Although I've never seen them out of the water (except the little 5 foot one in the driveway one day!) I was a bit nervous about getting too close. They're usually afraid of us and when we get close they swim away. But this big guy wasn't moving anywhere. We thought we'd share a couple of pictures.



We were about 15 feet away from the gator when we took this picture.


After a little while he turned to swim away.

You can't see it too well, but if you look closely there are actually three gators in this picture that were all on the edge when we walked up. The two smaller ones were scared and swam into the water pretty quickly but didn't go far.

1 comment:

Thomas Rolon said...

I bet he would make a nice pair of cowboy boots . . . save him for me!