Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Rita Day


What started out as a chance to get one free water ice has turned into a holiday for my family and I. Years ago we found out that on the first day of spring (March 21st), Rita’s Water Ice gives away a regular size water ice to everyone. No purchase required. Just ask for it. My kids and I travel from store to store, town to town, franchise to franchise to see just how many of these we can enjoy. While it is quite refreshing, it gives us a chance to try the new flavors (green apple, chocolate, mango, etc.)
I understand they have several Rita’s in Florida, so please, after the two hour drive to Clearwater enjoy a nice cold cherry flavored ice and think of me.

4 comments:

U said...

St. Augustine is just an hour away. It's worth it.

Cardona21 said...

So you drive store to store, franchise to franchise, town to town.... for free water ice....

It's so cold and iciy that as you travel in that great weather you risk a chance of a fender bender that could end up costing you $1000 in damages..for a chance of "FREE" water ice...

Ok, I'll suffer with my Florida sun. If I need water ice, I will travel to St Augustine and it will worth the price. The sun will be out and the sites will be unforgettable.

What do you think, U...Dave...???

Ron said...

Come on, Chick. You know you will always be a “Pennsyl-neck-geek” at heart.

Last week I was riding my motorcycle (wearing a tank top) on Wednesday. That Friday, I was shoveling 8 inches of snow (wearing a bubble jacket). That same week on Sunday, I skied in the Poconos (wearing just a turtle neck).

Rita’s water ice every several miles.

I repeat, Pennsylvania Rocks!

Anonymous said...

keep your Rita water ice. I'm
very happy when i got up in the
morning and don't have to take all
the clothes from my closet to go
out. a pair of shorts will do it.