Sunday, April 12, 2009

Spring Break

I took last week off for spring break. I usually work this week because I can get so much done when the teachers and students are gone but I decided I needed a break.
Chick thinks my job is a spring break but what does he know.

So what did I do?
Mel Brooks... take it away...



I worked my tail off. Major projects around the house, clients calling me to fix their computers (my side business), clients calling me to set up photography shoots (my other business), prospective clients asking me to manage their web site (future business). Man, I'm tired.

No time to post, no time to rest. We did manage to make it to the beach a few times. Last Saturday it was perfect and Thursday it was even better (what's better than perfect?).

Anyway, as I was laying on the beach I got to thinking about something my wife said to me three and a half years ago when I first started to blog. She said, "Be careful what you write about on that blog thing. You're exposing yourself to the whole world." And I said "Honey, I'm not that kind of man. I don't do stuff like that." And she said "Don't be a dope. You know what I mean."
And of course she was right (she usually is).

However, there are some things I don't mind making public.
Such as:

1. I love to sleep

2. I believe in personal responsibility

3. After 34 years I am still amazed by His Grace

4. I love the smell of orange blossoms (among other things)

5. I like it when people speak in sentences not paragraphs or chapters or books or major publications. Shuddup already.

6. I hate talking on the phone. Along those same lines, if you leave a message on my phone, keep it short. Very short. After 5 seconds I'll delete it. Shuddup already.

7. I usually express myself better in writing that in voice.

8. I tend to mumble. My lips get in my way.

9. I love listening to people in their 70's and 80's. They got some stories to tell. They can talk in chapters to me. They've earned it.

10. I love Walmart. 'Nough said.

11. I love the wind in my face. I feel it's God's kiss to me.

12. I love sitting at the edge of the shore line and feeling the pounding of high tide.

13. I despise reality TV. It makes me want to hurl. There ain't nothing real about it. Well, maybe there is: it's really boring.

14. I love pizza as much as I love ... pizza

15. I don't mind getting old. It is kind of weird though.

16. I like being bald (or close to it). I look at pictures of when I had hair and I had some kind of mess up there. Hair history here.

17. I like to be alone and don't like to be in crowds.

18. I love my job(s).

19. If I were to do it again, I'd marry my honey again. She's the bomb.

20. After 40 years, I've finally started to wear sandals. Long story.

21. I like my feet and hope to avoid what happens to them as you age. Ewwwwwwe.

7 comments:

The Tonz said...

to quote a blogger I know:

Shuddup already.

Ron said...

Only a few surprises.

I agree with some: God’s grace- Walmart- pizza- senior citizens-the beach are indeed great. Reality TV-poor talkers- long telephone conversations- do indeed suck.

I disagree with others: sleep (it’s a waste of time), being alone (I love being in good company), writing instead of talking (a coward’s way of hiding physical expressions or emotions).

Some others I just don’t buy it. As a matter of fact, I would actually challenge your sincerity on some.

First of all, given the choice NO ONE would want to lose their hair. Yes, I mean no one. Take it from a guy who does all he can to cling on to the few strands that still maintain some coverage. I repeat no one is ok with losing their hair. If there were a magic pill to make it all grow back, I assure you, you would take it!

NO ONE wants to get old. We all do what we can to maintain our youth, please don’t be so pretentious and pretend you don’t mind getting old. Getting old sucks. Admit it!

The U jr. that I know and love has ALWAYS hated his feet. I can’t imagine that you had some revelation or metro-pedicure that suddenly changed that!

Your wife was right- be careful what you post- other will always challenge you!

Anonymous said...

I hear you on the feet thing, I hated my feet as a kid and now that I am an adult, I love my feet. So, I would have to agree.
Great post. Interesting.

U said...

Ron... so much to say. Let's start with my hair. Not everyone has pretty gerry curls like yours. I say good riddance to my mop. By the way, Rick James called and he says you're a quart low on your hair. Sleep a waste of time? Are you ready to throw eating and sex in that camp too since we need them too? Getting old brings with it the wisdom to know that there are things your body needs. And what do you know about how I feel about my feet? They're the most beautiful digits you you never see. Finally, I got a physical expression for ya... HEY CAN YOU SEE IT! It's only one digit...

Ron said...

Hey U,
SU&BM!

Ron said...

Enough said!

U said...

I gotch your BM right here. I'll overnight it for you. Watch for it.