Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Tio Gilberto

I remember my wedding day. It was such an awesome moment. This is a picture of Kim and I walking back up the isle. Tio Gilberto met us at the end of the isle and he whispered in my ear. "Papo, esta si es linda." "Tiene una hermana o una amiga?" This is why you see Tio and I smiling. Tio is always Tio.

I have so many great memories of Tio. Softball games, The Latin Boys, Saturday night parties, watching Roberto Clemente in the world series and Tio coming over to our house after work and seeing the game on TV. Tio always believed that I was the best baseball player in PA. (ha, ha)

Anyone reading this blog, make sure you read Ron's blog http://gilbertosjourney.blogspot.com/

I love you Tio.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeap, that certainly sounds like my Pop. But, as the saying goes "Don't hate the player...hate the game!". Thanks EC for your words.

U said...

Tio always believed that I was the best baseball player in PA . Funny... he use to tell me I was the best in the world!