Thursday, April 26, 2007

April 26, 1974

Excuse me while I pause for an old fogey moment….



Thanks. I feel better now.
Thirty three years ago today, Blue Eyes and I had our first date.



We went to the movies and watched Wood Allen’s Sleeper.

It’s funny reading the tagline now, 33 years later:
A love story about two people who hate each other. 200 years in the future.
Ha! Prophetic? Not even close.
No, really honey. Really.

We met through Dave and Maureen in High School. I was a senior and she was a sophomore. A group of us used to get together and play co-ed softball. Dave and Maureen use to bring her along. First thing that impressed me was her batting stance.




Whoops. Wrong one. It was more like this.



She had great form. She had a good batting stance too. Ha! Just kidding.
Actually, I’m not. Blue Eyes was a gymnast and she had the greatest set of legs I’d ever seen.
As Gomer Pile would say:

Shazamm!

Then I looked into her eyes. That was it. I was done. Hook, line and sinker.
Never had I seen such beautiful eyes. 33 years later and they're still as blue.

Happy anniversary baby. Love you forever.





7 comments:

Leslie said...

Cool! Your wife dated Jimmy Hendrix???

patti said...

Im crying a little bit. That was so damn sweet!!!
PS...you hair...my GOD your hair!!!

The Tonz said...

Definitely out of your league my friend. I/m talking Laurie was in the MLB and you were the bat boy on the canoneers.

The Tonz said...

Congratulations!!

U said...

Tonz: No argument from me. Like I've said before: I'm a blessed man.

Anonymous said...

Very cute, hopefully you can pass on some words of wisdom for me. I hope to be just as happy for that long with my hubby-to-be :-)

Thomas Rolon said...

Like Patti, I too am “crying a little bit.” But not because it was “so darn sweet” but because my daughter is about to turn thirteen and I’m scared to death that someday she too will want to date a sweat hog. What were her parents thinking?!!!!!
Let me guess. The Lansdale Theatre on Main Street. Her parents dropped her off (thinking she was going to meet a “girlfriend”) and you walked over from Second Street because you didn’t want your friends seeing your Dad drop you off. Was I close?