Thursday, April 05, 2007

Another Fine Institution . . . Gone.

It is with great sadness that we announce that on Saturday April 7th, the Skate Ranch on 309 will be closing its doors. A local auto dealer has purchased the real estate and will be occupying it immediately.

Like the LansBowl (the bowling alley that burned to the ground three weeks ago), Skate 309 was another place for us to hang out in the days of our youth. Although I have only been there a few times in the past twenty years, I’ve had fond memories every time I walked in.

Ladies & Gentlemen, the final skate will be for couples only.

3 comments:

U said...

Blue Eyes and I had many dates there too. I'll never forget the "professionals" all bopping as one, as the organ played away.

Ron said...

Yeah, Miriam is right. Let's find new things to do.

Biketober Fest (in October), count me in!

Dave Cardona said...

Memories are good... but I agree... let's make some new one.... also, let's post them and share!!!