Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Wednesday Evening Funk Jam


I learned today that my friend, who’s struggling with cancer, has taken a turn for the worse. He’s worried he might not make it to his son’s graduation in June. Another good friend in going in for surgery for colon cancer… other stuff going on too.

Beautiful night tonight… i went for a bike ride with my ipod and this song came on pushing me further into my funk. Let’s be grateful for what we have and don’t sweat the small stuff. In the end it’s all going to fade.

The man was a Hindu but he was a man of great compassion and had an insight into the human condition. George Harrison died too young at 58. He also had cancer.

Isn't it a pity, isn't it a shame
How we break each other's hearts
And cause each other pain
How we take each other's love
Without thinking any more
Forgetting to give back, isn't it a pity?

Some things take so long
But how do I explain
There are too many people
Can't see we're all the same
And because of all the tears
Their eyes can't hope to see
The beauty that surrounds them, isn't it a pity?

No comments: